Terms and Conditions
The terms and conditions below govern your use of the Defence Discount Service website. The Defence Discount Service is operated by Blue Light Card Ltd, Company Registration Number 06581540, on behalf of the Ministry Of Defence. When the Defence Discount Service is mentioned below it will refer to Blue Light Card Ltd and will cover its employees or directors or share holders.
This Terms and Conditions concerns the use of the website, including the use of the online offers, gift cards and other saving options on the website. This includes the use of the Defence Privilege Card, the processes of purchasing this and other services that may be provided by Defence Discount Service. Please read through the terms and conditions carefully. If you do not agree with any of the terms and conditions, do not use this website. If you do use the website, your conduct indicates that you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions, and do not hold the Defence Discount Service or any of its employees or directors or share holders accountable for any information contained or not contained with the website and any services that it provides.
1. The Defence Discount Service provides discount codes for companies offering goods and services. The transactions that take place with these companies are done through their external sites and thus are not completed on the Defence Discount Service website. Thus it is the companies that are responsible for the transaction security on any purchases made.
2. The Defence Discount Service reserves the right to remove any user for the site, freeze their account and revoke their membership without prior warning if it feels the member is a breach to security or could be in the future.
3. The Defence Discount Service reserves the right to remove any user found to be abusing the discount codes or any other call to actions provided and ban them from the website. This can be conducted without consent of the member.
4. Registered members are responsible for the safe keeping of user names and passwords and must make sure that they take all necessary steps to not disclose information for unauthorised users. Defence Discount Service reserves the right to ask any of its members to change their password at any point it deems necessary to protect the account.
5. Members must not create multiple accounts or try to change their member ID. If a password is forgotten or lost then the user must go through the appropriate route of the forgotten password link. Members must contact the Defence Discount Service if this cannot be achieved or if further problems occur through the Contact area of the website. Multiple accounts will not be approved by Defence Discount Service staff. Emails can be updated by visiting the My Account area once you have logged in to the website.
7. The use of this website is reserved for those of the UK's Defence Community. The qualification criteria for this service is determined by the Ministry of Defence. Members must be aged 16+ to qualify. This includes:
- Serving Armed Forces - Any member that is currently serving within HM Armed Forces
- Reserve Forces - Any member that is currently part of a Reserve Force
- Veterans - Any member that has served in HM Armed Forces for 24 hours or more
- MOD Civil Servants - Any member that is currently employed directly by the Ministry of Defence as a MoD Civil Servant. Contractors for the Ministry of Defence do not qualify for our service.
- Spouses/Partners of Serving Personnel - Any member whose Spouse/Partner is currently part of the Serving Armed Forces.
- Cadet Forces (16+) - Including adult instructors and those that volunteer
- NATO Personnel serving in the UK - Any member of the NATO forces currently serving in the UK.
- Bereaved Family Member - An immediate family member of a person who was serving personnel who has died during or as a result of service.
- War/Service Widow(er) - The widow(er) of an individual who has died during or as a result of service.
8. We reserve the right to remove any member found to be breaching the eligibility criteria as listed above.
9. Serving personnel may register 1 (one) spouse or partner account. If a new spouse or partner account is created then the previous must be closed and any cards issued must be returned.
10. All Companies listed on the Defence Discount Service website reserve the right to add, amend or withdraw their offer at any time.
11. Should an offer not work and not provide a discount, it is up to the member to contact Defence Discount Service to notify and report this. If you continue with your purchase wihtout the discount then you have authorised the transaction with no discount and it will then be down to the company's discretion as to they provide a refund on the discount amount.
12. Defence Discount Service provides links and codes that are provided to it by the companies wanting to offer a discount to the members of Defence Discount Service. If an offer is not working, a link is out of date or the text on the Defence Discount Service website for the company or offer is out of date then this is not the responsibility of Defence Discount Service and it is down to the company itself. It is then down to the discretion of the company as to whether this offer is to be honoured or not.
13. Other advertisements contained on the Defence Discount Service website contain materials created and submitted by third parties. The Defence Discount Service excludes all liability for this material and any illegality that may arise from these.
14. The Defence Discount Service website contains links to third party websites that are not maintained or controlled by the Defence Discount Service. Whilst the Defence Discount Service does pick its companies carefully it cannot be held liable for any material on these sites and any illegal or wrong information on these sites.
16. Laws governing the Terms and Conditions on this website shall be subject to only the laws of England and Wales which shall exclusively govern the interpretation, application and effect of all the above permissions, exclusions, licenses and conditions of use.
17. The Defence Discount Service endeavours to maintain the service it provides are being free from defects though it is not responsible or liable for any consequential loss or damaged for any errors or omissions within the service.
18. All trademarks referred to on this website are acknowledged as the property of their respective owners. The Defence Discount Service, its directors and its employees cannot be liable for any copyright or trademark infringements.
20.Members are responsible for the safe keeping of their card and must make sure that they do not lose their card. If this is lost or stolen members must inform Defence Discount Service and make them aware of this. New cards will be issued for £4.99 for a five year membership.
21. None arrival of Defence Privilege Cards must be reported to us within a 90 day period. Outside of three months cards will then be classed as lost and will require a payment of £4.99.
22. All members must provide their own ID. Defence Discount Service is not responsible for proving your eligibility for the service. Service records can be reapplied for on the .gov.uk website or by calling 0808 1914 218.
23. Any ID that we receive via the post will be destroyed. Please make sure that you are sending a photocopy through the post to us.
24. Defence Discount Service are not responsible for any non arrivals of postal applications or ID sent through the post